This sticker is dangerous and inconvenient but I do love Fig Newtons

Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Old School Nick Toons for what ails ya

I've been annoyingly sick these past couple of days, just watching tv and communicating through hand signals and raspy whispers (me=sore throat), and between the Jane Austen miniseries and Red Wings games it's been either Boomerang or the Nick Toons channel. Old school Nick toons, in fact, first Rocko's Modern Life, then Ren and Stimpy. I'm not sure how a show so irredeemably disgusting can be so entertaining. I think back on what I used to watch when I was a kid and I sometimes can't believe the weirdness I was into. It's like the pop culture universe was like, "How can we make that weird girl in Michigan even weirder?" and then they sent me stuff like Big Top Pee-Wee, the episode of Duck Tales where they went to the Bermuda Triangle, and Ren and Stimpy.

Hoekvision presents, I Like Pink:

No comments: