This sticker is dangerous and inconvenient but I do love Fig Newtons

Tuesday, May 6, 2008

"I wanna watch Betty Boop!"

That's the new thing these days for my two-and-a-half year old niece. Ever since I used my ipod to distract her one day while my mom changed her clothes she's been hooked on the Betty Boop video I got from Vintage Toon Cast. The toon in question is "Betty Boop and the Old Man in the Mountain." I can't decide which makes me happier, the fact that she's totally into a black and white cartoon from the 30s, that she's totally into the Cab Calloway jazz number on the soundtrack, or that she's started dancing along (in hilarious fashion) with the Old Man when he does his best Cab impression. I think the adorable way she says "Betty Boop" is my favorite. Nothing warms my heart faster than to hear those words: "I wanna watch Betty Boop!" Coming right up!

No comments: